Junk Email Filter
Plugins - RedHat PHP CGI Fix|
(Integrated into SM 1.1.1 Core)
A workaround for the newline at the beginning of CGI submitted fields bug in the RedHat PHP RPMs. Uses a new hook called "compose_send" which is executed just before sendMessage is called in compose.php. Reported as bug #232790 on SourceForge, and as a question in the FAQ)
Q: Why should this plugin be put up? A: This plugin is intended for the lazy suckers (like myself) that don't want to compile php themselves. Installing the plugin fixes the problem. [Editors note: Updated RPMs are available -- read our FAQ entry]
Q: Why is modifying smtp.php not enough?
A: Modify the call to trim() in parseAddrs() is not enough, because the subject, the body of the message, and attachments are still messed up.
[Editor's note: With SquirrelMail 1.1.1 and later, we try to compensate automatically for this error]
by Tyler Akins on Mar 30, 2001
[ This version is not available. You might be able to get it by asking on the "squirrelmail-plugins" mailing list or by contacting the author. ]
Requires: SquirrelMail 0.5 or above
Description: Initial version.
No older versions.
If you have problems with the download or decompressing...
- Internet Explorer
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Target As"
- Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Link As"
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Link Document As"
- Lynx and Links
- Press "d" on the link to download the file directly.
- Untarring problems: Your browser might have un-gzipped it for you
automatically. Try just "tar xvf" instead of
"tar xvfz". Also, the plugins archive isn't gzipped
(it is a tarball of .tar.gz files)
- Macintosh users: Just hold down your mouse button to get the menu
instead of right-clicking.
- If all else fails, seek our help