Junk Email Filter
Plugins - Vadmin|
Category: Administrator's Relief
Vadmin is a control panel system that fits inside of SquirrelMail. It comes with features that allow system administrators to create, manage and delete user accounts amongst many other things. It can also be extended to manage any other aspects of the environment in which it is installed.
Vadmin is designed to support any number of system architectures by means of configurable backends. Currently, backends for VMailMgr and SQL database backed systems are included, and a proprietary local user accounts backend is also available. Other backends may be added in the future.
Vadmin incorporates tight security features, encryption, multiple levels of administrators, and many convenient options to make the life of an administrator easier. It also provides users with optional helpful features such as password change, auto-responder and mail forwarding systems.
This plugin also allows domain customizations so login pages look different depending on which URI it is being accessed at. This makes it very convenient to have just one SquirrelMail install per every virtual domain.
A sampling of features in Vadmin are as follows:
- Manage multiple domains
- Multiple levels of administrators
- Administrators can be assigned to one or more domains
- Extensible (can add custom modules that allow access to things such as database management, DNS management, server management, etc.)
- Manage image on login screen for each domain
- Add account/add multiple accounts
- Create aliases
- Delete account/delete multiple accounts
- Search for user account(s)
- Paginated accounts list (detailed or quick view)
- Control user access to autoresponder/password change/mail forwarding
- View/edit user webmail preferences (does not matter whether they are stored in a database or file based)
- Show users who have never logged in or only those that have logged in (webmail only)
- Extensible account attribute system (can add custom account settings to match mail system backend)
- Manage account quotas, SMTP/POP/IMAP/webmail access, password, forwards, webmail preference settings, etc.
- Parent/child account mangement (with add-on)
- Many Vadmin backends can be used to enable user signup systems
- Much, much more!
The latest version of this plugin is always available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/vadmin-plugin/
by Paul Lesniewski on Mar 6, 2010
Please support this plugin's development: Donate to this author
[ vadmin-3.0-1.4.0.tar.gz tarball (5232 d/l) Help ]
Requires: SquirrelMail 1.4.0+, Compatibility 2.0.14+, Apache Web Server, PHP 4.1.0+ with dba (--enable-dba), and a suitable system management backend
Description: Massive upgrade in features and functionality, including but not limited to:
- Ensure compatibility with SquirrelMail 1.5.2+ (no guarantees about versions 1.5.0 and 1.5.1)
- Added flexible backend functionality; implemented SQL backend
- Several functionality changes, tweaks and adjustments accompany the addition of flexible backends - keep your eye out!
- Removed functionality from setup.php
- Remove use of require_once
- Removed needless includes after validate.php
- Added pagination on the list of all users
- Added option to sort by last login date
- Webmail stats (last login/total logins)
- Added ability to view/edit webmail preferences
- Customizable extra user fields
- Dictate "displayable" fields per admin type
- "Previous" links added everywhere for better navigation
- Customized login page settings compatible with the Login Manager (Vlogin) plugin (Vadmin settings by admin user will override what is in Login Manager)
- Search for users! (using wildcard *)
- Lookup only active or inactive (webmail) users
- Other plugins can add their own custom modules
- Added "quick list" domain account listing
- Added ability to add multiple users at once from file or cut-n-paste list
- Lots more that I forgot to add to this list
by Konstantin Riabitsev on Nov 25, 2003
[ vadmin-1.9.2.tar.gz tarball (10768 d/l) Help ]
Requires: SquirrelMail 1.4, dba extensions (gdbm)
This is a much enhanced 2.0 version of the plugin (stable beta).
by Konstantin Riabitsev on Oct 27, 2002
[ vadmin-v1.0.2.tar.gz tarball (7408 d/l) Help ]
Requires: SquirrelMail-1.2.8, php-4.1, vmailmgr
Updated to work with register_globals = off and squirrelmail-1.2.8
by Konstantin Riabitsev on Mar 23, 2002
[ This version is not available. You might be able to get it by asking on the "squirrelmail-plugins" mailing list or by contacting the author. ]
Requires: SquirrelMail-1.2.x, qmail, vmailmgr, courier-imap, libmcrypt
- works with php-4.1.x
- Change password option is using newer format on the options page.
If you have problems with the download or decompressing...
- Internet Explorer
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Target As"
- Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Link As"
- Right-click on the file, then select "Save Link Document As"
- Lynx and Links
- Press "d" on the link to download the file directly.
- Untarring problems: Your browser might have un-gzipped it for you
automatically. Try just "tar xvf" instead of
"tar xvfz". Also, the plugins archive isn't gzipped
(it is a tarball of .tar.gz files)
- Macintosh users: Just hold down your mouse button to get the menu
instead of right-clicking.
- If all else fails, seek our help